Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catching up...

Hi everyone,

I have been away. So yesterday I spent some time catching up with some of the recent blogs.

The blog posted on June 22nd spoke of running a half-marathon from Georgetown to Idaho Springs on behalf of Hope House. The writer also reflected on a high school opportunity to collect money based on how many times he could jump rope. That brought a smile to my face as I thought back to some of my first fund raising attempts. I never hosted one, but do any of you remeber when Jerry Lewis encouraged doing backyard carnivals to raise money for MD? or am I just showing my age? I also recall my first (and only) 50 mile bike ride to raise money for MS. My lower body shivers with pain a little just to recall this ride, especially the area that was in direct contact with the seat. Can I also tell you that I did this ride without a helmet? This was back in the days when the only athletes that wore helmets were football players. But don't worry, the ride took place in North Dakota. I doubt that we saw more than one car the entire 50 miles.

Please share with me some of the crazy, or not so crazy things, you have done to raise money for a good cause.

How about your kids, have they attempted any fund raisers? or was it just my generation?

No comments:

Post a Comment