Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Encouragement for you!

Good Morning, Friends!

We have a number of people in our congregation and community that are facing discouragement, grief, and difficult circumstances right now, so I want to pass along a word of encouragement that was shared with me by one of our members. Take courage as you read it and be blessed in God’s care. Know that the loving hands of Jesus are lifting you up and holding you!

God bless you!
Thomas Cross


"The faith that gets us through unthinkable circumstances begins with being flat-out needy and allowing God's love to wrap us up, hold us close, and dry our tears. One day we discover that our cries are being transformed into life-giving, healthy tears that are rebirthing faith, hope, and joy. And life doesn't get much better than that!"

Excerpt from When I Lay My Isaac Down by Carol Kent

"Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote, "God is there, ready to help; I'm fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6 MSG

"The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Thomas, I really like your blog. This book was given to me by a friend and is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete