Thursday, May 16, 2013

Precious, Honored, and Loved










By Ken Brown, ken.brown@broomfieldumc.org

When my daughters were in elementary school my family prayer sign-off line was “girls, remember you are precious, honored and loved” (Isaiah 43:4). I hoped this assurance would stick to their souls whenever they doubted anything about life, including my support of their choices. Was I successful? I do not know.

I do know that our middle daughter, Katelyn, graduated “on time” with high academic marks; she starts graduate school in the fall; has a dude dedicated to her well-being (I’m still not crazy about this development), and good friends who have helped her to maintain her faith. As she sauntered across the stage at Macky Auditorium last Saturday to receive her degree, I marveled at her confidence, grace and glamour. And she was decidedly “precious, honored and loved” by her cheering section for that unforgettable moment.

Later that day I stumbled across a piece of rope I received on Easter 2012 and I boisterously praised God for holding on to Katelyn when I was not on belay. May she forever hold on to Jesus as she commences in God’s future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment