Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Your Gifts Make a Difference

Hello!

I hope all is well for you. Personally I am still recovering from my dunk tank adventure at our 1st Annual Summer Block Party! It was a blast and hats off to our Family Ministries Team for providing a great opportunity for us to come together as a church family.

Our impact beyond the church’s walls continues to expand and the below email is just another example of a way your generosity matters. Be sure to read the graduation speech at the end given by a graduate of one of our ministry partner’s care-receivers.

As you enjoy the summer, I thank you in advance for honoring your financial investment in the church. It definitely helps us bless others with God’s love.

Blessings!
Ken Brown

Message from Hope House:
On Saturday we had a quarterly GED Graduation Ceremony - the largest one ever, at 19 graduates! One young mom was asked to give the "class speech". She is shy and quiet, so we were surprised she agreed. She wrote the speech herself, and she spoke it beautifully at the graduation! Tears were flowing! The last line of her speech reflects the exact reason that we started Hope House in the first place. It was so moving to hear her share that!
Graduation Speech
Getting my G.E.D. means so much, I can finally say I completed something that I started. At first I thought I couldn't do it because I haven't been to school in a long time. But with faith and help from Elizabeth and the tutors, I passed and amazed my own self. Now instead of saying that I can't do something, I say I can do anything I put my mind to because I'm just as smart as everyone else. Getting my G.E.D. means a big smile on my face and knowing that I can continue to move forward for me and my son.

I see Hope House as more than just people that help you. They are like a family to me. Everyone cares about you and your child. They try to help in any way that they can. Hope House has helped me get my G.E.D., clothes and diapers for my son, and so many other things. I am blessed to have people like them in my life. Without them I don't think I could have accomplished the things I have. They gave me hope to better myself and to be a better mother to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment