Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Food For All 2009 wrap-up

I would like to say a quick thank you to all that helped make BUMC’s representation at DenUM’s Food For All a great success. There was a challenge out there to try and raise 85 complete meals from our church and I think that we did make that goal. It is hard to count so many meals, but I would say we were right around 90 this year, with a total of 320 total meals given out to the less fortunate for Thanksgiving.

We had a total of 45 youth and adults from BUMC who attended the event and helped pack those 320 meals. It was a beautiful day and, as tradition has it, we stopped for ice cream afterwards at one of my favorite ice cream shops.

We could not have done what we did without your help, and we are very grateful for your generosity and support. It is always so cool to see how much our church cares for those in need around us and I pray that we will continue to show and grow in these ways.

I just cannot say it enough, but thank you, thank you, thank you for feeding those in need.

pete

No comments:

Post a Comment