Friday, November 8, 2013

Consecration Prayer

The following prayer was written by Marv Eakes and Ronald Williams. It will be sung in the traditional services this Sunday. Reflect on these words as you pray about Consecration Sunday. I am here, Lord, I bow down with my humble offerings. Consecrate me as your own; I dedicate my life to you. Prayerfully I come, with my holy gifts, to be set apart for you, Lord, to be set apart for you. Set apart, set apart for you, Lord. What would you, Lord, have me give? I bring to you a caring heart. The gifts you give me, I shall use: My talent and my silver and gold. I’ll bring you my hands, I’ll reach out in Christian love, I’ll reach out in Christian love, I’ll pray for those without hope, I’ll search for those in need. What more can I share? What more can I bring? Please show me now, please show me now, please show me now, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment