Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Daily Scripture September 18, 2013

Jeremiah 4:22-28 My people are foolish. They don’t even know me! They are thoughtless children without understanding; they are skilled at doing wrong, inept at doing right. 23 I looked at the earth, and it was without shape or form; at the heavens and there was no light. 24 I looked at the mountains and they were quaking; all the hills were rocking back and forth. 25 I looked and there was no one left; every bird in the sky had taken flight. 26 I looked and the fertile land was a desert; all its towns were in ruins before the Lord, before his fury. 27 The Lord proclaims: The whole earth will become a desolation, but I will not destroy it completely. 28 Therefore, the earth will grieve and the heavens grow dark because I have declared my plan and will neither change my mind nor cancel the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment