Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pete's Pick: David Crowder Band

David Crowder Band – Church Music

A new album just hit the stores last week from the David Crowder Band. I was in high anticipation of this album, due to the fact that their last album, Remedy, was so well done and had such a great message within it as well. I was so excited that I even participated in a preorder package where I received the album, a few extra songs, some stickers, a poster, and the vinyl (that means record album to those born after the 1980’s). I still haven’t cracked open the vinyl and played it on my record player, but I have listened to the new album quite a bit.

And the verdict is that David Crowder Band has recorded another great album. It took a few listens to like this new endeavor, but it did start to speak to me in cool and exciting ways. They had an idea to create an album that could be played from end to end without stops, and then the Church Music Album was born.

Many of you may know a lot more David Crowder Band music than you think. Some Sundays at church it seems like we sing 2-3 of their songs, which I am not complaining about at all. We actually have already sung a new song off the album, and potentially my favorite song from the entire new album. That song is How He Loves and is a great look at the love God has for us. My favorite line is “if grace is an ocean, we are surely drowning”.

So, in my opinion, if you were going to one David Crowder album, get Remedy, and if you were going to own a few pick up Church Music and give it a few listens.

-- pete

No comments:

Post a Comment